Wednesday, June 4, 2008

MatéVana Herbal Tea

This is my first review, so please bare with me. I recently received a couple of free samples from Teavana. And the first one that I will review is MateVana.

MateVana contains: Roasted Mate leaves, cocoa, rooibos tea, chocolate pieces and almond bits, cactus blossoms, cornflower petals, and sunflower petals.

Yes this concoction has caffeine. Don't make the mistake of drinking it at 22:00hrs cause you think all herbal drinks are not caffeinated. This one has alot of caffeine in it.

I used 208 degree water for 5minutes in my Utilitea. The first smell that I could realize was the almond bits. The 2nd smell was the cocoa and rooibos. It smelled wonderful and I couldn't wait to taste it.



This is one smooth drink. The almond to me is the first taste. I'm not really sure what mate is suppose to taste like, but I am digging this drink. Talk about a wake up drink, this has 2 thumbs up for the kick.

This is definitely a morning drink. I can see coffee lovers switching over to tea with this one.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: